OMG Roofing Products delivers products and services that improve contractor productivity and enhance roofing system performance.
- Our number one priority is the safety of our employees.
- We are committed to an environment where our employees can contribute and excel. We will communicate our vision, goals, and performance throughout the entire organization.
- We will build and leverage brands that communicate our unique value to our targeted customers. We will anticipate and listen to the needs of our customers: they are the basis for our success.
- OMG is committed to Operating Excellence, including the practice of lean and continuous improvement in all areas of our business.
- We believe in the importance of conserving natural resources and preserving the environment. We will continue to be an active and contributing member of the community.
- OMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will always act in a legal and ethical manner.
RedLine AFR Roof Drain
Posted on February 10, 2015 at 12:43pm
AGAWAM– OMG Roofing Products, of Agawam, Mass. has introduced the RedLine AFR Roof Drain, a tool-free system that provides for maximum allowable flow for gravity-based, open channel roof drainage systems. The RedLine AFR mechanical seal can be activated by hand, eliminating the need for tools and significantly reducing installation time.
In extreme rain events, a head of water can develop and create a pressurized flow in some roof drain fixtures leading to failures in the building’s plumbing system. RedLine AFR’s design featuring the RedLine AFR Vortex Breaker has been tested for maximum allowable flow and to minimize the danger of creating pressurized flow. Studies by the American Society of Plumbing Engineers and the International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials show that few drains on the market actually perform to specified flow rates. The RedLine AFR Roof Drain is designed to perform at specific GPM levels based on plumbing recommendations, and exceeds ANSI/SPRI RD1.
The patent pending RedLine AFR Backflow Mechanical Seal can be installed by hand, creating a perfectly symmetrical watertight connection and preventing over tightening or under tightening during installation.
“The RedLine AFR Roof Drain is revolutionary in that it lets contractors install watertight, maximum allowable flow drains in half the time it would take to insert new drains and a fraction of the time it would take to rework or replace the drains,” said Dan Genovese, product manager with OMG Roofing Products. “Installation is tool-free and can be done in a single turn with two fingers, increasing productivity and accuracy. More important, the RedLine AFR Roof Drain is engineered to get water off the roof at a flow rate consistent with the building’s internal plumbing system.”
RedLine AFR is installed from the rooftop so as not to disrupt building occupants, and has a one-piece seamless body for strength and durability as well as a heavy duty cast aluminum strainer dome and clamping ring. The 10-inch long drain stem can accommodate most existing field conditions and can be field cut or obtained in longer lengths if needed. An extra-large flange allows positive attachment of roof flashing membrane, and flanges are available with TPO or PVC coatings for hot-air welding.
Headquartered in Agawam, Mass., OMG Roofing Products is North America’s largest manufacturer of commercial roofing products featuring specialty fasteners, insulation adhesives, drains, pipe supports, emergency repair tape, edge metal systems and productivity tools. The company’s focus is delivering products and services that improve contractor productivity and enhance roof system performance. For additional information, please contact OMG Roofing Products at 800/633-3800 or visit OMGRoofing.com.
Features & Benefits
- The OMG Red Vortex Breaker (patent pending) combined with maximum inside diameter drain stem is designed for optimum flow performance.
- The OMG SpeedTite Mechanical Seal (patent pending) can be made watertight in seconds without using any tools.
- Installs in half the time of other insert drains enhancing productivity.
- The hand-tightened seal activator creates a symmetrical watertight connection and prevents the risk of partially over tightening and partially under tightening in the same installation.
Posted on February 10, 2015 at 1:23pm
The RhinoBond System from OMG Roofing Products provides a non-penetrating fastening solution that more evenly distributes the wind load. RhinoBond is an advanced insulation and membrane attachment system for TPO and PVC membranes. This all-in-one system uses the same fastener and plate to secure the membrane and the insulation to the deck without penetrating the roofing material. The result is a Factory Mutual-approved system that does not create any point of entry for moisture, requires fewer fasteners, fewer seams and provides superior wind uplift performance.
Features & Benefits
- RhinoBond typically uses 25% to 50% fewer fasteners when compared to traditional fastening methods
- RhinoBond does not require 1/2 sheets for perimeter fastening
- Factory Mutual approved
- Approved for use by most roofing system manufacturers